One of two children who drank lighter fluid from an unmarked water bottle has died.
Dickinson police said Kyndal'Rae Eldridge, 5, died at Children's Memorial Hermann Hospital. Kyndal'Rae's 5-year-old cousin was treated and released from Clear Lake Regional Medical Center.
Police said the mother of one of the girls stopped at a gas station to fill up on Saturday. The girls said they were a thirsty and a 12-year-old in the car spotted the water bottle and handed it to the girls, investigators said.
The 12-year-old didn't know the bottle was filled with lighter fluid.
When the mother came out of the gas station, she saw the girls out of the car and gagging, police said.
The woman told police that the bottle was left in the car door panel since the Fourth of July.
Police said the mother will not be charged.