A mother in Inkster suffered burns Friday morning when she tried to put out a fire in her home.
Police said the mother told them a candle fell over in a bedroom and onto a mattress at about 5 a.m. inside her home, which is near Rosewood and Harrison streets.
She tried to stop the fire but ended up burning her hand and some of her hair.
She was able to get out with her children but their home was a complete loss.
'We tried to put it out the best we could," said Chyanne Tackett, who was also inside the home. "But everything was gone."
The Red Cross showed up to help the family.
Read more Local News headlines:
- Detroit native killed in Las Vegas shooting, crash
- Snyder: EFM decision for Detroit may come next week
- Detroit man charged with murder in triple shooting
- Detroit asked for 2024 Olympics bid
- Detroit homeowners who pay taxes frustrated with return
- Man killed in Highland Park fire that burned 3 homes
- Human skull delivered to Brownstown Police Department
- Man charged from DNA in backlogged rape kit