ANN ARBOR, Mich. -

An intoxicated patient and an imaginary cigarette resulted in two people suffering burns and minor damage to a University of Michigan Hospital bed.
 
   University public safety spokeswoman Diane Brown says the emergency room patient "was trying to light a non-existent cigarette."
 
   Brown says the man "thought he had one," but set the bedding on fire at the Ann Arbor facility.
 
   The patient was burned, as was a nurse who tried to put the fire out about 10:20 p.m. Saturday.
 
   Hospital staff extinguished the flames before firefighters arrived. The fire was contained to the bed. No evacuations were necessary.