Jalen Rose entered the Oakland County Jail Tuesday morning to begin serving his 20-day sentence after pleading guilty to an operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated charge.
Rose was arrested March 11. He told a judge in May that he had six martinis the night he veered off the West Bloomfield Township road.
Authorities said Rose had a 0.088 percent blood-alcohol level, above Michigan's legal driving limit of 0.08 percent. A hospital test later measured his blood-alcohol content at 0.12 percent.
A judge granted Rose the six-day delay so he could attend a birthday party for his 93-year-old grandmother this past weekend.
Video shot by WCHBNewsDetroit.com shows Rose, dressed in gym shorts and T-shirt, sprinting across the jail's parking lot and into the building at 7 a.m.
"This is going to make me a better person," Rose said at his sentencing. "I'm just really disappointed that this entire scenario happened. And I promise you that I'll never be in a situation like this again."
- July 28, 2011: Jalen Rose In More Traffic Trouble
- July 27, 2011: Rose: 'This Is Going To Make Me A Better Person'
- May 25, 2011: Jalen Rose Pleads Guilty To Drunk Driving
- April 20, 2011: Jalen Rose Arrest Video, 911 Call Released
- March 30, 2011: Jalen Rose Apologizes After Drunken Driving Report Surfaces
- March 29, 2011: Coach K: Rose Comment In Documentary 'Insulting'