Authorities say a 46-year-old man is dead after being struck by a SUV while crossing a roadway in southeast Michigan.
The Monroe County sheriff's department says Timothy F. Walz of Newport was pronounced dead at the scene of the crash -- Telegraph Road just south of Buhl Road -- Thursday night in Frenchtown Township.
It is believed that Mr. Walz was attempting to cross the road from the parking lot of the Gravel Pit Bar to go to the Kimberly Estates Mobile Home Park, which is located on the west side of N. Telegraph.
The Ford Expedition was driven by a 63-year-old Larry D. Reaume, of Monroe, who wasn't injured.
The Sheriff's Office said alcohol may have been a factor for Walz, but not for Reaume.
The sheriff's department says Walz was dressed in dark clothing.
Read more News headlines from across Michigan:
- Michigan Senate shuts down Gov. Snyder's roads plan
- Scholarship honors EMU student's life
- Win romantic getaway 'Pure Michigan' style
- Ann Arbor cabbie charged after allegedly kissing passenger
- Michigan-created app outlines motorcycle helmet laws
- Police: Carcasses of goat, horse dumped in Michigan field
- Report: LG Chem wasted $150 million grant for battery cells
- High school graduation rates up for Michigan students