A Battle Creek man faces sentencing for his part in the death of a friend while they were playing a drinking game with a loaded revolver.
Samuel Castanier is to be sentenced Friday in Calhoun County Circuit Court.
He pleaded guilty to manslaughter last month, telling a judge that he and 34-year-old Nicholas Ullrich "were playing a game with guns."
Ullrich was shot once in the head in September as he, Castanier and a third friend were celebrating a birthday at Castanier's Battle Creek home.
Police have said the revolver was loaded with a single cartridge and that the men believed they were safe by looking at the cylinder before pulling the trigger. They said they forgot the loaded chamber advances when the trigger is pulled.
Read more Michigan News headlines:
- Police in West Michigan on lookout for stolen porn
- Couple caught on camera stealing donations arrested
- Governor to speak about Detroit review team's report
- Police: UP man found dead outside burned vehicle
- Michigan governor issues executive orders for mental health
- Storm dumps more than 20 inches of snow on N. Michigan
- Kalamazoo girl taken from mom after siblings' fire deaths