Man falls through ice, rescued from Lake Oakland in Waterford
Man expected to be OK
A man was rescued Monday morning when he fell through the ice of Lake Oakland in Waterford Township.
Waterford Regional Fire Department firefighters, wearing ice rescue suits, pulled the man from the water just after 8 a.m.
They said he was about 50 feet from shore and had been in the water for about 15 minutes.
The man was rushed to a hospital, where he is expected to be OK.
Read more Local News headlines:
- Hot grease thrown at man during fight over glasses
- Zerilli's Hoffa burial site gains some credit with old map
- 2 men charged in Auburn Hills drug deal shooting
- Cipriano beating victim now battles meningitis
- Was Hoffa tipster involved in family feud?
- Faulty meters create water woes in Rochester
- Man found guilty of Royal Oak woman's murder
- Farmington Hills, Northville police: Attacks may be linked
- Detroit Zoo gets lion from royal family of Qatar