A 73-year-old Midland County man accused of sexually assaulting a disabled woman beginning when she was 9 years old has accepted a plea deal to lesser charges.
Robert E. Potts pleaded guilty Jan. 8 to three counts of third-degree criminal sexual conduct. Saginaw County Circuit Judge James T. Borchard has scheduled his sentencing for Feb. 14.
In exchange for the plea, prosecutors dropped four counts of first-degree and two counts of second-degree criminal sexual conduct, as well as child pornography charges.
The deal calls for Potts to get no more than four years, three months in prison.
Saginaw County authorities say the victim is developmentally disabled. They say the assaults began when she was 9 and took place over 16 years.
Anyone with information is asked to call 989-790-5446.
More News headlines from across Michigan:
- Paint-by-numbers creator calls Michigan home
- Pilot killed in northern Michigan cargo plane crash
- Henry Ford hospitals put measures in place to avoid flu
- What to expect in State of the State address
- Train with 34 passengers slams into car
- Korean War soldier's body identified, laid to rest
- Whopper fish tale, giant goldfish caught
- Drunk driving crackdown nets 103 arrests in Michigan
- Adrian police seek man with stolen lottery tickets