The grieving continues at Detroit’s Martin Luther King Jr. High School just days after one of their classmates died suddenly this week.
Toron Murphy, 17, collapsed Tuesday morning walking into the school.
He was rushed to Detroit’s Receiving Hospital, but later died from what appears to be natural causes.
Murphy’s classmates told Local 4 he was well liked, a strong student and a good athlete. He was on the school’s football team and had a promising future ahead of him.
“My little brother loved school, loved football. Football was the number one thing he loved to do,” Murphy’s brother told Local 4. “He wanted to be a sports trainer. It’s just a sad thing to see him go.”
A vigil was held Friday night at the school in Murphy's honor.
Read more Local News headlines:
- Man charged in theft of dad's corpse from cemetery
- On track! Detroit transit project gets $25M boost
- Court: Detroit schools' emergency chief can stay
- Heroic neighbor saves family from burning home
- Several pets killed in apartment fire
- Plymouth Ice Festival kicks off Friday
- Major news expected on Detroit light rail system
- Warren man charged in 3 Detroit rape cases