When you think of "February" and "romance," Valentine's Day is usually the first thing to come to mind, but did you know that it is also International Flirting Week?
Wednesday, Feb. 13th marks the beginning of International Flirting Week so Zoosk.com http://Zoosk.com/, the romantic social network, conducted a survey among 13,611 of its members around the world to gather their thoughts on flirting - why we do it, how we do it, and who does it best.
Highlights of the survey include:
Who flirts more - men or women?
• The majority of men (60%) think that women are the biggest flirts.
• The majority of women (53%) think that men are more flirtatious!
Why do we flirt?
• 41% of men and women around the world say, "flirting is just playful fun!"
• 20% say is it a good ice breaker when dating, although only 11% say they flirt to attract a partner.
• 18% say flirting helps keep the romance alive in a relationship
Biggest turn-off when it comes to flirting?
• 32% say coming on too strong and invading personal space.
• 20% say corny pick up lines.
• 20% say inappropriate comments about one's physical appearance.
• 7% say suggestive body language.