Mich. sheriff: Woman threatens to 'level' Beal City School
Isabella County sheriff says woman arrested after threat to Nottawa Township school
The Isabella County sheriff's department says a woman has been arrested after threatening to "level" a school building.
According to Sheriff Leo Mioduszewski, the 37-year-old Farwell resident phoned in the threat Friday to the Beal City School in Nottawa Township.
Authorities say the woman is the mother of a former student.
The sheriff's office says the suspect told school personnel she was going to "level the building."
The school immediately went into lockdown.
The woman was arrested and taken to the Isabella County jail.
She's expected to be arraigned on Saturday.
More Headlines across Michigan:
- Monroe man found dead in Frenchtown Township field
- Arson destroys historic school house in Howell Twp.
- Entrepreneurs can win more than $50,000
- Michigan is less trashy
- Report: More Michigan children living in poverty
- Ryan Gosling-directed film seeks Michigan tax breaks
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.