Michigan State Police say man tried to lure 10-year-old into truck with candy in Salem Township
Boy unharmed in incident Thursday near Currie, 6 Mile roads
Michigan State Police have released the sketch of a man they said tried to lure a 10-year-old boy into his pickup truck with candy in Salem Township.
Police said the incident happened Thursday morning near 6 Mile and Currie roads. The boy refused the man's offer and wasn't harmed.
"We're on top of it and hopefully, with the community's support, we're trying to get the word out to all of our residents and people who might have seen anything to please let the township know or local authorities," said Gary Whittaker, the township supervisor.
The boy was able to give police a description of the man and the pickup he was driving.
Description of man
- White man
- 25-35 years old
- Black shorter hair
- Tattoos on both arms from the elbow down
- Specifically numerals on their right hand fingers
- Black AC/DC shirt with sleeves pulled up to the elbows
Description of pickup truck
- Black unknown regular-sized pickup truck
- Black pickup truck
- Tinted side and rear windows
- Red lettering on driver’s side rear quarter panel
- Wood planks were in the bed of the truck
Anyone with information is asked to call MSP's Brighton Post at 810-227-1051.