Michigan State University is spending $200,000 to make it easier for emergency crews by finally giving street addresses to campus buildings.
The move follows last summer's opening of a consolidated 911 dispatch center for Ingham County. University officials say they realized they'd be relying on dispatchers who were less familiar with the whereabouts of various named buildings.
In response, the university began giving more than 500 buildings addresses.
The main costs of the project were for changing building and street signs.
The Lansing State Journal says that north of Mount Hope Road, the addresses follow the block numbers in East Lansing. To the south, they follow the numbering system of the adjoining Lansing streets.
Spartan Stadium's address is 325 W. Shaw Lane.
- Deputy's 4-year-old son shot, killed self accidentally
- Shooting at Saginaw-area bar leaves 4 wounded
- Man suffers injuries during meth lab explosion
- Teen charged in death of MSU student
- Funeral Wednesday for slain Michigan State student
- Suspect arrested in deadly MSU stabbing
- Craft's 21 lead No. 18 OSU past No. 4 MSU, 68-60