Michigan police say they arrested a 28-year-old Wisconsin man for reportedly shooting at motorists.
Police in Washtenaw County's Pittsfield Township say they responded early Wednesday to a wooded area near U.S. Highway 23 and Michigan Avenue after a 911 caller reported a man dressed in a black trench coat standing near a bridge and shooting at traffic.
Police say they spotted the suspect walking in the area and took him into custody. They tracked his footprints in the snow and found a sawed-off shotgun.
No injuries were reported and police say no vehicles were struck in the area near Ann Arbor, about 35 miles southwest of Detroit.
The man is being held at the Washtenaw County Jail, pending a review of possible charges
His name and hometown weren't immediately released.
Read more Local News headlines:
- Ann Arbor police warn students of illegal taxicabs
- Michigan fraternity suspended over semi-nude photos
- DTE: Power back on in Ann Arbor
- Washtenaw County driver mistakes frozen lake for road
- No. 4 Michigan pulls away to beat Penn State 79-71
- Scholarship honors EMU student's life
- Ann Arbor cabbie charged after allegedly kissing passenger