No charges yet in Bianca Jones case
Prosecutor's Office says warrant is still being reviewed
The Wayne County prosecutor's office is continuing to review a warrant request connected to the disappearance of a 2-year-old Detroit girl.
Prosecutors said Monday that a decision on charges is not anticipated this week.
Detroit police submitted the request last week. Officials have not disclosed who was named in the warrant but Local 4 has learned it is the girl's father, D'Andre Lane.
Lane has repeatedly said his daughter was riding in a rear car seat of a vehicle he was driving when it was taken Dec. 2 at gunpoint in Detroit's North End neighborhood.
he car was found a short time later, but Bianca was not in it. Police have said they are looking into the truth behind Lane's story.
Police and hundreds of volunteers have searched vacant lots, alleys and abandoned houses in search of the girl.