Local 4 crews were first on the scene of a fire on Detroit's east side where fire crews are now confirming one person has died.
Family on the scene identified the victim as 25-year-old Jennifer Edwards, the mother of two young children.
Another resident in the home, said to be Edwards boyfriend, was transported to Detroit Receiving Hospital with injuries from the fire. We have been told he had to undergo surgery for third degree burns. His current condition is unknown at this time.
Crews arrived to the fire on the 4700 block of Crane Street around 9:30 a.m. Saturday morning.
Fire officials say this fire was accidental, possibly started by couple using a space heater.
Stay with Clickondetroit.com and Local 4 news for all updates.