City officials in Ironwood are expected to hear resident comments on whether or not tobacco use should be banned in all parks in the far western Upper Peninsula community.
The Daily Globe of Ironwood reports that the City Commission could enact the ban after Monday afternoon's hearing.
Officials have spent months working on an ordinance that would prohibit cigarette and cigar smoking and other tobacco uses, including chewing.
Only Curry Park, a park for recreational vehicles, would be exempted from the tobacco ban.
Would you want to see smoking banned in your city's parks?
- Woman finds man shot, dead inside Detroit home
- Taylor Police forced to control chaotic crowd
- House fire leaves man in critical condition
- 1 dead after Inkster police station shooting
- Suspect in New Year's Eve robbery, rape charged
- 16-year-old shot after fight on east side
- Detroit police raid large chop shop