Parolee arrested in Ferndale after chase, found with open beer
Joe Louis Taylor taken into custody
A parolee who was speeding and driving with an open beer through Ferndale Thursday afternoon was arrested after leading police on a chase.
Police said an officer pulled over Joe Louis Taylor on 8 Mile for speeding, but Taylor took off.
He sped through neighborhoods, blowing stop signs and driving recklessly until he came to a dead end, police said.
When he was arrested, police said the beer was found and it turned out Taylor was driving on a suspended license.
Read more Local News headlines:
- Last suspect in Waterford rink shooting sent to prison
- Plan to move radio towers to Milford Twp. moves forward
- Court rules in favor of Pontiac car wash in ice lawsuit
- Mistaken identity at Pontiac McDonald's lands man in jail
- Madison Heights police: Men beaten with bats at car wash
- Woman dies after being pulled from fire in Royal Oak
- Sex offender arrested in Pontiac
- Rod Meloni: Hunting for a hero
- Man gets life in prison for Royal Oak woman's murder