Patient who was beaten at Warren facility dies
Victim attacked in January by fellow patient at Behavioral Center of Michigan
An 80-year-old patient at a facility in Warren who was attacked last month by a fellow patient has now died.
The victim, a Chesterfield resident, was beaten Jan. 27 at the Behavioral Center of Michigan, a 42-bed psychiatric facility located off of 12 Mile and Ryan roads.
Fellow patient 23-year-old Jajuan Whitlow, of Canton, was charged with assault with intent to commit murder.
Read more Local News headlines:
- Dollar stores targeted by armed robbers in Warren, Detroit
- Attorney arrested, accused of stealing teens' trust fund
- St. Clair Shores attorney charged with stealing trust money
- Bank robber caught after parole officer recognizes image
- Man caught during carjacking after victim tricks him
- Cooks gear up for chili cook-off
- Family busted for K2 in court Thursday
- Patient beaten at Warren psychiatric facility
- Eastpointe man charged with 33-year-old wife's murder