Someone is leaving food laced with dangerous objects for pets in one Canton neighborhood near Geddes and Beck roads.
Canton police Detective Sgt. Dave Schreiner said there have been nearly a dozen incidents since October.
“It always seems to be the same content, metal objects, sharp, hazardous objects placed in food and something a dog would eat,” Schreiner said.
Clarence Baker and his wife walk their dogs in the area and have found the tainted treats before.
“The first time I found it, it was pieces of what looked like white chocolate. It looked like it had nails and construction staples in it,” Baker said.
Schreiner said the situation is no joke and very serious.
At least two dogs required surgery after ingesting meat that had needles in it.
“It’s terrible,” Schreiner said.
Schreiner said police may install cameras in the area to try to track down the culprit.