Police: 5 in custody following standoff in Detroit
Standoff lasts 2 hours, no one hurt
Detroit police say five people are in custody following a standoff on the city's west side that took place after a shooting.
Police say officers on Wednesday night found a car believed to have been used to escape an earlier shooting.
As officers approached, several people ran into a home and closed the front door. Police declared a barricaded gunman situation.
After more than two hours, a 19-year-old woman, three men -- ages 26 and two 19-year-old olds -- and a 16-year-old boy were taken into custody.
No injuries were reported in the standoff or the earlier shooting.
Read more Local News headlines:
- Detroit apartment tenants without heat, told to move
- Bing delivers upbeat State of City despite uncertain future
- NB I-75 reopens at 7 Mile after semi hits overpass
- Teens shot by worker charged with armed robbery
- Reward offered to catch church thieves
- Mom who was found dead in Detroit home had been shot
- Taylor house packed with junk catches fire
- Police seek serial robbers who hit Taylor Radio Shack