State police say the death of a 56-year-old man whose body was found outside his burned vehicle in Michigan's Upper Peninsula is being investigated as suspicious.
Police say they were en route to a take a report of a missing person on Wednesday when they found the man's body and vehicle in Marquette County's West Branch Township, about a mile from his home. An autopsy is scheduled to be conducted Thursday.
The man's name wasn't immediately released. State police are leading the investigation.
More Michigan News headlines:
- Governor to address Detroit review team's report Thursday
- Couple with child steal donation jar from Howell Twp. store
- Ann Arbor police warn students of illegal taxicabs
- Michigan communities will see $15 million for blight fight
- Winter storm slams Upper Peninsula
- Mich. drivers without child safety seat may pay up
- Fish tale: Lake Bellaire catch breaks world record