Authorities are releasing the name of a Flint-area man killed when a truck pulling two trailers had a tire blowout on an expressway near Ann Arbor and overturned onto his car.
State police Sgt. Mark Thompson tells AnnArbor.com that 58-year-old James Wallace died Monday afternoon on U.S. 23 in Washtenaw County's Northfield Township, about seven miles north of Ann Arbor.
Thompson says it appears the truck's left front steering tire blew, causing the driver to lose control. The rear trailer crushed the car.
Both vehicles were traveling south on U.S. 23. The crash remains under investigation.
Wallace was from Lennon, west of Flint.
- Ferndale puts brakes on parking rate increases
- Devin in Vatican City: The start of the conclave
- Flint gets new police officers, plans to hire more
- More bad global warming news: Allergies
- College savings hits all-time high
- Study: Facebook likes can reveal secrets
- Art Blackwell takes plea deal before new trial begins
- Sterling Hts police: Brothers appear to have died naturally