Police in West Michigan are searching for a woman they say attacked her parents with a hatchet and knife.
WOOD-TV and The Grand Rapids Press report police surrounded a home in the Grand Rapids-area community of Wyoming on Wednesday morning after the attack.
A search of the home found that the woman was gone.
Police say they initially responded about 12:50 a.m. after the parents escaped in a vehicle following the attack and flagged down an officer on patrol.
The parents were taken to a hospital for treatment. Police say the mother is in stable condition and the father has been released.
Read more Michigan News headlines:
- Michigan lawmakers work on '1 penny more' gas tax
- 'Oz' premieres in Royal Oak, not far from filming location
- St. Clair County: Submit ideas for new state laws
- Michigan Supreme Court begins streaming arguments online
- State slug? Michigan's UP having fun with effort
- Documents detail right to work lockdown of Capitol
- 7 new infections from steroids found in Michigan
- Deputy's 4-year-old son shot, killed self accidentally