Saginaw approves $7,500 settlement over sidewalk
Shirley Rice says she tripped twice, was hurt on poorly maintained sidewalks in 2010
Saginaw City Council has approved a $7,500 lawsuit settlement with a woman who said she was hurt due to a poorly maintained sidewalk.
The Saginaw News reports the settlement agreement with Shirley Rice was approved Monday night.
Rice sued in Saginaw County Circuit Court, saying she was injured after tripping and falling on cracks in the sidewalk twice in 2010. Rice blamed on the city for failing to maintain the stretch of sidewalk and sought $25,000, but she'll drop suit with the agreement.
Rice has filed several complaints in the past, saying weeds and other forms of blight are being ignored in Saginaw's neighborhoods.
Read more Local News headlines:
- State starts autism treatment Medicaid coverage
- E. coli outbreak infects 2 in Michigan
- Frontier to end Grand Rapids-Denver service in Sept
- Final Four bid sparking memories of Fab Five
- Michiganians divided evenly on right-to work law
- Wolverines play Gators on court
- Changes to Michigan's medical marijuana law starts Monday
- Mackinac Bridge to be bathed in blue for autism awareness
- Missing 1-year-old found safe
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.