St. Clair Shores attorney charged with stealing from trust fund
Robert Buschmole accused of draining nearly $400,000 from fund set up for 2 teenage boys in Warren
A St. Clair Shores attorney has been slapped with charges for allegedly stealing $389,000 from a trust fund.
The Macomb County Prosecutor's Office said Robert Buschmole is charged with embezzlement over $100,000, a 20-year felony.
Buschmole had been appointed the sole trustee of a living trust made for the benefit of two teenage boys in Warren. He is accused of writing himself checks from the fund over the course of four years, eventually draining it.
When the boys' mother called Buschmole to inquire about how they would receive the money, he failed to return her calls. She in turned filed a complaint, which was investigated by Warren police.
Buschmole is expected to be arraigned Monday.
Read more Local News headlines:
- Man caught during carjacking after victim tricks him
- Cooks gear up for chili cook-off
- Family busted for K2 in court Thursday
- Patient beaten at Warren psychiatric facility
- Eastpointe man charged with 33-year-old wife's murder
- Man arrested for Twitter threat to Armada business
- Police presence stepped up at Utica Community Schools