Authorities in suburban Detroit say a police sergeant was hurt when a drunken driving suspect struck his patrol car, sending him to the hospital.
The sergeant was stopped at a red light on Metro Parkway near Dodge Park Road, around 4:15 a.m. Sunday.
A driver approached the light and tried to drive between the officer's car and another car that was also stopped. The driver hit both cars.
Police say the driver and passengers then tried to switch places. Both occupants in the car, a man and woman, were taken into custody.
The officer injured his head during the accident and was transported to Henry Ford Hospital where he was later released.
The 47-year-old woman driving the other car hit by the suspect, declined treatment for wrist pain.
- 2 charged for teen sex assaults at motel
- No-parole sentence thrown out in attack on parents
- Michigan sees dozens of weather-related crashes
- Michigan's first Cheesecake Factory to open in Novi
- Detroit named most miserable U.S. city by Forbes