Taylor house packed with junk catches fire

Fire officials say house off Goddard Road was previously occupied by hoarder

Published On: Feb 13 2013 06:45:51 AM EST   Updated On: Feb 13 2013 07:51:56 AM EST
TAYLOR, Mich. -

Fire officials in Taylor said a house that caught fire early Wednesday morning was packed floor to ceiling with junk.

Hoarders had apparently once lived at the home in the 23300 block of Goddard Street, but the house has sat vacant since the 80s.

A bulldozer may have to be brought in to knock down a wall to help the clean up.

Goddard Road between Oak and Pine streets is closed.

IMAGES: Firefighters battle house fire in Taylor

Published On: Feb 13 2013 06:32:37 AM EST   Updated On: Feb 13 2013 06:37:42 AM EST

Firefighters are on the scene of a house fire in Taylor ...

1 / 13