Barak was visiting U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta, who noted how the Israeli defense chief announced his retirement from political life. Panetta praised Barak's "brilliant strategic mind" and "warrior heart."
- Michigan family's nightmare turns into dream
- Wayne County executive race gets nasty
- Judge: Why wasn't child murder suspect in jail?
- Forecast: Couple of nice days ahead
- $148M lightweight metals institute coming to Detroit
- Jury hears details of deadly porch shooting as trial begins
- Dog found hog-tied to post in woods
- Police: 3 kids left alone; father arrested
- SMART bus riders hope residents vote 'yes'
- Neighbors' argument ends with gunfire