(CNN) -- The Colorado parolee believed to have killed the state's prison chief left prison wearing an ankle bracelet tracking device when he was paroled in January, Ebel's prison case file says, according to a Colorado law enforcement official who has examined the file. Colorado authorities say Evan Ebel, 28, killed Colorado prisons chief Tom Clements on March 19, before being killed himself in a shootout with Texas law enforcement two days later.
- Comerica Park transformed into hockey rink
- Michigan bill designed to protect late-night clerks
- Former Tigers' slugger elected mayor in Venezuela
- Dad arrested in connection with fire that killed 2 boys
- Police: Woman apparently beaten to death in home
- Wayne County deputy hurt in accident
- Detroit house fire that killed 2 boys under investigation
- Would longer school year help save Pontiac schools?
- Detroit celebrates the life of Nelson Mandela
- US safety agency may expand Hyundai air bag recall