(CNN) -- White House spokesman Jay Carney said he and President Obama "feel enormous sympathy" for the families of the children where the Connecticut school shooting occurred Friday. Asked about gun control policies, he said, "there is, I am sure -- will be rather -- a day for discussion of the usual Washington policy debates but I don't think today is that day."
- Rand Paul has ideas to help Detroit
- Detroit house fire that killed 2 boys under investigation
- Selling home during holiday season?
- House fire in Detroit claims lives of 2 young boys
- Waterford police searching for PNC Bank robber
- Michigan State Police adds 12 canine teams
- Teacher fatally shot in Libya grew up in Michigan
- Leave condolences for Nelson Mandela
- Dog attacked with machete recovers, finds home
- Philanthropist offers $5M to help protect Detroit art