(CNN) -- France has confirmed the death of Abdelhamid Abou Zeid, a deputy leader of al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb. He was killed February in an operation led by the French forces in Northern Mali. French officials would not confirm his death at the time, saying they were waiting for the results of DNA analysis.
- State park details to be revealed for Belle Isle
- Tuesday declared 'Human Rights Day'
- Remembering Mandela: Special coverage on Local 4
- Bob Bashara in court for pretrial hearing Tuesday
- Family of drowned EMU student seeks answers 1 year later
- West Bloomfield board wants governor to remove treasurer
- Wayne County deputy hurt in accident
- Prosecutor accuses judge of issuing illegal sentences
- Comerica Park transformed into hockey rink
- Michigan bill designed to protect late-night clerks