(CNN) -- France has confirmed the death of Abdelhamid Abou Zeid, a deputy leader of al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb. He was killed February in an operation led by the French forces in Northern Mali. French officials would not confirm his death at the time, saying they were waiting for the results of DNA analysis.
- Family of drowned EMU student seeks answers 1 year later
- Wayne County deputy hurt in accident
- Prosecutor accuses judge of issuing illegal sentences
- Comerica Park transformed into hockey rink
- Michigan bill designed to protect late-night clerks
- Former Tigers' slugger elected mayor in Venezuela
- Dad arrested in connection with fire that killed 2 boys
- Police: Woman apparently beaten to death in home
- Detroit house fire that killed 2 boys under investigation
- Would longer school year help save Pontiac schools?