(CNN) -- Police arrested 14-year-old Philip Chism early Wednesday for the killing of Danvers, Massachusetts, high school math teacher Colleen Ritzer after interviewing him and reviewing video surveillance from the student's and the teacher's school, a criminal complaint states. "Based on his statements and the corroborating evidence found at multiple scenes at ... Danvers High School and (the) surrounding wooded area, the juvenile was subsequently placed into custody and booked for murder," the complaint adds.
- Wayne County deputy hurt in accident
- Prosecutor accuses judge of issuing illegal sentences
- Comerica Park transformed into hockey rink
- Michigan bill designed to protect late-night clerks
- Former Tigers' slugger elected mayor in Venezuela
- Dad arrested in connection with fire that killed 2 boys
- Police: Woman apparently beaten to death in home
- Detroit house fire that killed 2 boys under investigation
- Would longer school year help save Pontiac schools?
- Detroit celebrates the life of Nelson Mandela