(CNN) -- A "serious" effort to work toward Middle East peace "starts with no more missiles being fired into Israel's territory," U.S. President Barack Obama said on Sunday. Rocket attacks into Israel were the "precipitating event" for the fighting under way now, he said. "We are actively working with all the parties in the region to see if we can end those missiles being fired without further escalation of violence in the region."
- Snow cone vendor uses toilet, puts food on floor
- Behind DTW airport's response to April bomb threat
- Coast Guardsmen from Selfridge head to Muskegon
- Kilpatrick to have surgery on bum knee
- 16-year-old shot, killed in southwest Detroit
- Go Blue! More students want to go to U of M
- Carjacking suspect killed in police chase
- Teen says stranger approached her on Van Dyke Ave.
- 2 men charged with armed robbery in Waterford
- Royal Oak to take census on dogs