(CNN) -- President Barack Obama on Tuesday condemned North Korea's latest nuclear test, calling it "a highly provocative act" that violates multiple U.N. resolutions. "North Korea's nuclear weapons and ballistic missile programs constitute a threat to U.S. national security and to international peace and security," Obama said in a statement. "These provocations do not make North Korea more secure," he added. He called for "further swift and credible action by the international community."
- Massive road projects may be coming to metro Detroit
- War vet gets prison for robbery in Macomb County
- Michigan man who fleeced inmates' kin faces prison
- Michigan Senate OKs allowing schools to be dissolved
- Cipriano murder trial continues for Mitchell Young
- How viable is plan for events center, Red Wings arena?
- Snyder expected to arrive in Michigan early Thursday
- Money, food stolen from little league
- Center, Red Wings arena planned for north end of downtown
- Sopranos star James Gandolfini dies