(CNN) -- President Barack Obama said Friday the Syrian civil war was "tragic" and "heartbreaking," adding that "the sight of children and women being slaughtered that we've seen so much has to compel all of us to say 'what more can we do?'" However, he made clear the United States had no intention of getting involved militarily, but repeated that his stance could change if the Syrian government uses chemical weapons.
- Comerica Park transformed into hockey rink
- Michigan bill designed to protect late-night clerks
- Former Tigers' slugger elected mayor in Venezuela
- Dad arrested in connection with fire that killed 2 boys
- Police: Woman apparently beaten to death in home
- Wayne County deputy hurt in accident
- Detroit house fire that killed 2 boys under investigation
- Would longer school year help save Pontiac schools?
- Detroit celebrates the life of Nelson Mandela
- US safety agency may expand Hyundai air bag recall