The U.S. Coast Guard has rescued two men from an ice floe in Saginaw Bay.
The rescue took place Monday about four miles from Bay County's Hampton Township, roughly 95 miles northwest of Detroit.
The Coast Guard says authorities got a 911 call reporting two men were stranded. An ice rescue team was dispatched by boat along with a helicopter.
-- U.S. Coast Guard photo by Petty Officer 2nd Class Christopher Wolner
The ice rescue team reached the men and brought them to shore, where they were evaluated by medical personnel. Names weren't released.
Read more Local News headlines:
- Green Oak Twp. break-in suspect shot, killed by police
- DTE: Power back on in Ann Arbor
- Washtenaw County driver mistakes frozen lake for road
- Port Huron police search for 5 offenders
- No citations after sled dog killed in UP crash
- Decision pending on Michigan domestic partner benefits ban
- Michigan to issue driver's licenses to immigrants