A utility has resumed some projects that involve the same drilling method used before a suburban Detroit house explosion that killed a 58-year-old man.
Consumers Energy halted all projects throughout Michigan involving directional boring after the Feb. 27 Royal Oak blast.
The utility expects to have crews back to full operation by Monday.
Since suspending projects March 7, Consumers Energy has completed a detailed review of its procedures with employees and contractors.
The subsidiary of Jackson-based CMS Energy Corp. has said that natural gas leaking from a line serving the home may have caused the explosion.
Consumers Energy crews had been working for several days to replace a gas main on the street and may have damaged the line.
Daniel Malczynski died in the blast, which leveled his house and damaged several others. The explosion is under investigation.
- Royal Oak explosion changes Consumers Energy policies
- Attorney wants answers in Royal Oak home explosion
- Crews find gas main rupture near Royal Oak house explosion
- Consumers Energy works to calm fears about natural gas
- Neighbors mourn man killed in explosion; gas leak is cause
- Royal Oak neighborhood healing after deadly blast
- Businessman offers help to Royal Oak homeowners