What's 4 Lunch
Easy and healthy lunch ideas as we head back to school
Recipes adapted from: www.meijermealbox.com, TryFoods, International
Instructions (per 8-inch wrap):
1 Meijer whole wheat tortilla (8 inch)
1 tbsp. Kraft Lite Ranch Dressing
1 lettuce leaf
2 ounces (2 slices) Meijer Reduced Sodium Deli Chicken Breast
1 Kraft Big Slice Sharp Cheddar Cheese Slice
2 thin tomato slices
2 thin avocado slices or 2 Tbsp. prepared guacamole
1. Spread tortilla with dressing.
2. Cover with remaining ingredients.
3. Fold up bottom edge of tortilla, and then roll up.
Nutrition Information (per serving): Calories 360, Fat 18g, Cholesterol 50mg, Sodium 1030mg, Carbohydrates 30g, Fiber 3g 12%, Protein 19g.
Serves 6 (2 mini clubs per serving)
1 each Tomato, chopped
4 slices Oscar Mayer Center Cut Bacon, cooked, crumbled
1/4 cup Miracle Whip Light Dressing
1 pkg. whole wheat Dinner Rolls (12 oz., 12 Rolls), split
3 each Kraft Deli Fresh Sharp Cheddar Cheese Slices, each cut into 4 pieces
1/2 lb. Meijer reduced sodium Deli Turkey Breast, sliced thin
6 each Lettuce Leaves, torn in half
1. COMBINE tomatoes, bacon and dressing.
2. FILL rolls with cheese, turkey, and lettuce and tomato mixture.
Nutrition Information (per 2 mini’s serving): Calories 300, Fat 12g, Cholesterol 35mg, Sodium 610mg, Carbohydrates 32g, Fiber 2g, Protein 16g
Healthy Living Bagel Sandwiches
4 Meijer Bagels (multi-grain or whole wheat)
8 tsp. Honey Dijon Salad Dressing
4 slices Meijer cooked Canadian Bacon
8 slices thin-sliced pieces Meijer Turkey Lunchmeat
4 leaves Organic Romaine Lettuce
2 small tomatoes cut into 8 slices
1. Split 4 Meijer Bagels and toast.
2. Spread 1 tsp. dressing on each bagel half.
3. Top each bagel half with 3 slices of Meijer cooked Canadian Bacon, 6 thin-sliced pieces of Meijer Turkey Lunchmeat, 1 piece of Organic Romaine Lettuce, and 1 slice of Meijer Tomato.
4. Serve with: Organic Celery Stalks and Meijer Naturals Creamy Peanut Butter, Sliced Michigan Apples- NuVal score 96, Calories: 590, Total fat: 23 g, Carbohydrate: 67 g, Fiber: 10 g
Cucumber Asian slaw
This slaw makes a great side or as a topping to your favorite sandwich or wrap.
1 seedless cucumber, shredded, drained
1 cup shredded carrots
1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
1/4 cup chopped green onion
3 tbsp. Reduced Fat Asian-sesame salad dressing
1/8 tsp. McCormick crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
1/4 cup roasted salted cashews (optional)
1. In a medium bowl combine cucumber, carrots, bell pepper, onion, salad dressing and red pepper flakes; toss.
2. Chill until serving time, if desired. Add cashews just before serving; toss.
Nutrition Information (per serving): Calories 67, Fat 4g, Sodium 123mg, Carbohydrates 7g, Fiber 1g, Protein 2g
2 Mini cucumbers, halved, hallowed to remove seeds
1 Cup Meijer Deli prepared chicken or tuna salad (or use recipe below)
Divide chicken or tuna salad evenly to fill each cucumber half.
2 cup diced cooked chicken
1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
1 cup diced celery
1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans (optional)
1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
1 tsp. Meijer Dijon mustard
1/2 cup Hidden Valley Reduced Fat Ranch Dressing
1. Combine chicken, grapes, celery, pecans and green onion in a medium bowl.
2. Stir mustard into dressing; toss with salad. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.