Woman, 3 young sons escape suspected arson in Pontiac home
Victim tells police she heard footsteps outside, home smashing glass
A woman and her three sons escaped a suspected arson Monday evening in their Pontiac home.
The Oakland County Sheriff’s Office said the woman told them she heard someone outside her home on South Marshall Street, heard smashing glass and then saw a fire.
She and her sons, ages 4, 5, and 9, got out safely but their home was extensively damaged.
The woman told the Sheriff’s Office she had been receiving threats from a 19-year-old former tenant.
~Home on South Marshall Street in Pontiac.~
Read more Local News headlines:
- Father, 60, dies after shoveling snow
- Man charged in Auburn Hills pizza store robbery
- Birmingham Comerica Bank robbed
- Gun shop stops selling Muslim target
- Man charged with snatching 82-year-old's purse
- Gunman robs pizza shop in Auburn Hills
- Pontiac has list of assets to sell off
- Coyote lurks in Farmington Hills