Warren police said an 81-year-old woman was killed Monday night when she was hit by a car on Ryan Road.
Police said Mari Juncaj, a Sterling Heights resident, was walking north in the curb lane near 13 Mile Road when she was hit.
She was taken to St. John Hospital in Madison Heights, but died.
The 20-year-old driver who hit Juncaj was not hurt. Police said alcohol wasn't a factor in the crash but didn't immediately say whether any charges would be filed.
Read more Local News headlines:
- Mom arrested for driving under influence of drugs
- Police: 2 caught in Roseville robbery, more on the run
- Groesbeck Highway resurfacing project kicks off
- Shelby Township firefighters hurt in crash
- Body parts found in Macomb County sewer belong to women
- Warren police: Body parts belong to 2 women
- Man charged in obese wife's death will not go to prison
- Warren man put on probation for death of bedridden wife
- Man who took off in ambulance charged with drunken driving