A 34-year-old Missouri woman was arrested Tuesday for allegedly slapping a teacher at a school in Ferndale.
Police said Leandra Creer, of Kansas City, Mo., is facing charges of assault and battery for the incident at Webb Elementary School.
Although part of the Hazel Park School District, the school is on Woodward Heights near Hilton in Ferndale.
Police said a teacher at the school noticed Creer, who was wearing pajama bottoms, and asked her what she was doing there. Creer told the teacher she was there to take a student to lunch and mentioned a name the teacher had never heard of, police said.
When the teacher asked Creer to follow normal visitor procedure and check in at the school's office, police said Creer refused and kept walking.
When the teacher went to the office to report Creer, Creer confronted her and slapped her in the face, police said.
Read more Local News headlines:
- Paint-by-numbers creator calls Michigan home
- Pilot killed in northern Michigan cargo plane crash
- Henry Ford hospitals put measures in place to avoid flu
- What to expect in State of the State address
- Train with 34 passengers slams into car
- Korean War soldier's body identified, laid to rest
- Whopper fish tale, giant goldfish caught
- Drunk driving crackdown nets 103 arrests in Michigan
- Adrian police seek man with stolen lottery tickets