Authorities say a woman has died after being trapped between two vehicles in a Michigan store parking lot.
The Daily Telegram of Adrian reports that 59-year-old Linda Guzman of Adrian died at a hospital after being transported by air Sunday from Lenawee County's Madison Township, about 60 miles southwest of Detroit.
Police say a van backing out of a parking space at a Walmart hit a pickup truck, trapping the woman between the truck and another vehicle. According to investigators, the 89-year-old man driving the van hit the accelerator when he intended to brake.
Read more News headlines from across Michigan:
- Michigan Pond Hockey Classic tournament kicks off
- Jeb Bush to give keynote at Mackinac Conference
- Complaint: No American Indian mascots in Michigan schools
- Michigan court: Medical-pot dispensaries not allowed
- Spring Arbor promises money back if post-graduate paychecks are slim
- Road crews at work across Metro Detroit after overnight snow
- Michigan House speaker: No mandatory vaginal ultrasounds