YouTube video of son of former Lion Mark Grabowski says 'I was not kidnapped'
Criminal complaint filed against Mark Grabowski in kidnapping of 11-year-old son
A former Detroit Lion defensive lineman has been charged with parental kidnapping and unlawful flight to avoid prosecution in the disappearance of his 11-year-old son.
Authorities say former Detroit Lions defensive lineman Mark Grabowski kidnapped his son 11-year-old Connor Grabowski-Cracchiolo. The search for the two has extended beyond state lines.
As part of a custody agreement, the boy spends the summer with his father. During the school year he is supposed to be with his mother Kelly Evans in Richmond. Evans said when she went to pick up Connor last week, he and his dad were gone.
A YouTube video showing Conner saying he was not kidnapped by his dad was posted online Thursday evening. The video went online the same day the FBI filed paperwork alleging Grabowski was planning to move to Costa Rica.
Part of the criminal complaint reads:
Grabowski has left the State of Michigan with his son. Grabowski has apparently abandoned his residence in Livingston County and efforts to contact him have been unsuccessful. Information was obtained that indicate Grabowski was planning to leave the United States and establish a new life in Costa Rica
Connor would have started 5th grade at Richmond Middle School this week.
Anyone with information regarding their whereabouts is urged to contact the Livingston County Sheriff at (517) 540-7999.