Candle blamed for Detroit house fire

2 women inside Detroit home when mattress caught fire

By Matt Morawski - Executive Producer
Headline Goes Here

DETROIT - A candle is being blamed for starting a fire at an occupied home on Detroit's west side.

Firefighters arrived on the scene of Gilchrist Street just off of Seven Mile Road.

A mattress caught fire and filled the house with smoke.

Two women were inside the home.  Smoke detectors alerted them to the smoke and they were able to escape.

Copyright 2013 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.