DETROIT - Cass Technical High School's marching band has been given a $10,000 boost for its trip to the presidential inauguration.
JUST Foundation on Tuesday said it had gifted the money to the Detroit school to help it meet its goal necessary to make the trip to Washington DC on Saturday.
Established by Settles in 2006, the JUST foundation supports young people and families who are distressed including through chess programs, college scholarships, and tutoring.
The marching band had also received $25,000 from a donation by the General Motors Foundation.
Read more Local News headlines:
- 82-year-old has gun to put to head outside Detroit home
- Coffin, body stolen from Detroit Cemetery
- Wings' Henrik Zetterberg ready to fill big skates
- Man gets prison for crash that killed 2 Eastpointe children
- Flat Rock woman who fell into pit loses case
- Witness swipes gun from robber in Detroit pub
Copyright 2013 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.