CANTON - Class was cancelled Monday at a Plymouth-Canton Community School after a threatening note was found.
Canton police say the note was found on the grounds of Bentley Elementary School as students arrived to class for the day.
The note made reference to a bomb threat.
The elementary school, located on Canton Road, teaches students ranging from kindergarten through the fifth grade.
Students inside the school were evacuated and put onto buses to keep warm while police investigated the scene.
Canton police along with Wayne County airport K-9 units made a full sweep of the building.
Nothing was found and the all clear was given at the school.
Because many parents either arrived to the school to pick up children, or were stopped before they could drop off students, classes were cancelled for the day.
- AAA Mich.: Gas prices fall 12 cents from last week
- Kilpatrick, Ferguson found guilty on several counts
- Protestors shut down I-94 near Lodge
- Judge Nancy Edmunds to read Kwame Kilpatrick verdicts
- Verdict in! Jury reaches verdict in Kilpatrick federal...
Copyright 2013 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.