Crime Stoppers is offering a cash reward for information that leads to the arrest of whoever killed a 22-year-old man on Detroit’s west side in September.
Phillip Wallace was found murdered on Sept. 16 at the intersection of Puritan and Ohio Streets, near Wyoming and the John C. Lodge Freeway.
Wallace had been employed at Mediterranean Foods Distribution for five years. He graduated from the Detroit School of Arts and Sciences, where he was an honor student and a member of the basketball and track teams. He attended Henry Ford Community College and was a member of the Triumph Church.
The reward is $2,500, but, if the tip is received by midnight on Friday, an extra $1,000 will be added to the reward for a total of $3,500.
Tips are anonymous and can be called into 1-800-SPEAK-UP (800-773-2587).
- Report prompts Feds to move prisoners out of Detroit jails
- Fitness USA closes Dearborn club
- Orr: Detroit's art collection is way to help with deep debt
- Police seek suspected Detroit dollar store serial robber
- Kilpatrick, Bobby Ferguson could get 30 years in prison
- Volunteer! Detroit preparing for Angels' Night
- Failed Wayne County jail could cost taxpayers $155 million