DETROIT - Detroit Emergency Manager Kevyn Orr is holding his monthly meeting with the city's Financial Advisory Board on Monday.
Orr was expected to clarify the board's role now that Orr has stepped in to work on the city's finances and operations.
The meeting began at 1 p.m. and is open to the public in the auditorium of the Coleman Young Municipal Center.
Just before 4 p.m. Councilmember Ken Cockrel Jr. ?tweeted that EM Kevyn Orr has issued an order mandating that City Council not fill any of the vacancies currently existing on Council.
SPECIAL SECTION: Detroit in Crisis
- Detroit EM plans blight tour for creditors
- Review is in: Detroit may be on its way to bankruptcy
- Brown to become restructuring officer under Detroit EM
- Kevyn Orr sits down with Local 4
- City Council escapes cuts under emergency manager, for now
Copyright 2013 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.