DETROIT - The Detroit People Mover has been shut down because of the extreme temperatures.
The Detroit Transportation Corporation said Tuesday morning that operations of the 13-stop, 2.9-mile downtown elevated train loop are suspended until further notice.
Officials say they're monitoring the weather to decide when to resume service.
- Metro Detroit feeling bite of dangerous cold
- Keep yourself, elderly, pets safe in harsh winter weather
- Temperatures drop to record lows in Michigan
- Just how cold is it? We make instant snow, freeze a T-shirt
- Ways to prevent frozen pipes in your home
- Travelers stranded as polar vortex freezes nation
Copyright 2014 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.